Isn't that all we're thinking about today? Christmas -- or as the Real Housewives of New Jersey would say -- baby Jesus's birthday?
I'm ready to go with gifts and have been for about a month. I know some of you may be jealous, but I went to Europe a couple of times this year, so I started early, plus I did shop a little yesterday for a few Christmas Eve gifts for the family.
Without further ado, here are my Four Faves Christmas Style!
- Blue Bell Peppermint Ice Cream is the best! Good luck finding it in Dallas today, as I only left 4 at the last store -- and I would bet $100,000 that they are out now.
- These new Pajamas from Soma are the cutest, most glam things ever. LOVE! I feel like Lady Gaga and Sia would approve, don't you?
- This sweet book brings me to tears every year. The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado is part of my personal tradition every year.
- Everybody knows my a Chex Party Mix (called Trash in my family) is the best -- despite the flawed result of a party mix contest at Community Partners of Dallas a few years ago.
- 2 C Corn Chex2 C Rice Chex2 C Wheat ChexPlus 2 more cups of your fave of the above -- I mix it up. My niece Lina loves Kix, so I throw them in here too sometimes1 C pecans1 C pretzels1 T soy sauce (I add a little more here)1/2 C butter1 1/4 t season salt1/4 t garlic powderMelt butter in electric skillet at 250 degrees. Stir in seasonings and blend well. Add all and stir to coat. Cover with vents open. Heat for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool on paper towels. Enjoy!
Hope you are spending lots of time with family and friends. Merry Christmas!