What I'm thinking about right now - be it Community Partners of Dallas, Non-Profit Management, Advice, or just plain Living - read about it here!
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
A Christmas Hodgepodge
1. Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
I can't think of a story, but I usually do bring up the time I saved my brother's life when I pulled him out of the ocean. The entire family needs to know why they exist.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
No. Who're you looking at? Huh, huh?
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
They are currently in my wardrobe and yes, I'll buy more. Love both and think it is interesting that the choices are pale -- like me. My skin tone is pretty rose-quartz -y, so maybe I don't need to buy it after all!
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
Joy to the World. It has always been one of my faves. When I was a teen, our church always let the high schoolers do a service (sermon, read the verses, congregational song choices, etc.) in the summer and I always made them sing Joy to the World -- breaking rules and creating scandal ever since.
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
Buy it. Even if I make a pie, I always use the Pillsbury refrigerated crusts. When you can buy something that tastes that good and is so easy, why not?
6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
More is more. I hired someone to help me this year and she came up with a lot of new ideas. Moved the tree to a new room too.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
It wasn't painful, but I cracked up the other night watching SNL -- the sketch where Ryan Gossling was cracking up too. Kate McKinnon is just hilarious.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Christmas card addressing is looming, so I'm out. Happy to be back with Joyce and the Hodgepodge!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Your Christmas home decor is beautiful! I agree...Ryan Gosling had me in stitches the other night on SNL. So funny!ReplyDelete
your decorations are so lovely! I missed the SNL but I love me some ryan gosling and need to watch it on youtube.ReplyDelete
Your stairway decoration is fabulous! I love that look. My Christmas cards are sitting on the counter with all the stamps next to them and my pen and the address book. I was thinking about typing the addresses onto labels and saving it for next year, but I suppose that's too tacky, so I'll be hand addressing them. ACK! LOLReplyDelete
Your a hero! I like the colors too. The Carol question went right over my head...I was thinking of the movie. I use the Pillsbury crust too, it just makes life easier. So that's what I need to do, hire help, great idea. I still haven't started my cards but hope to start them soon.ReplyDelete
Queen Casino Online | Play Slots at KonicasinoReplyDelete
Join KONAMI today and play for real prizes, and win dafabet link cash 11bet prizes! Join クイーンカジノ the hottest online slots and table games!