Another Wednesday, Another Hodgepodge!!! I just love answering questions (and asking them), so I'm always happy when it's time to let Joyce (from her blog called From This Side of the Pond) take over.
1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?
Not yet, but I will get it going soon. I'm a big fan of Halloween decorations. I don't do scary, gruesome stuff though -- only cute witches and pumpkins for me!
2. "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?
I often think it is impossible for me to lose weight. I start thinking the old "life is too short to deprive myself" thoughts and even though I know (and so you do) that it is a lack of will, I still don't do it. Just ate a Snickers in protest, BTW.
3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own. Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?
Every Texan knows that the bluebonnet is the state flower, and hell no we don't want to change it because it is the best flower. We know everything in Texas too.
4. What have you lost interest in recently?
The Blacklist. I watched for two years but gave up this season. In fact, I think I even gave up in the middle of last season and erased them all from the DVR. I do still love James Spader and think he is a great actor.
5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?
That is a huge question. For me that means they have to write and play music (multiple instruments) and sing -- do it all -- as well as be innovative. I first thought of Prince.
6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?
I don't like marshmallows, so no. It's been a long time since I've sat around a fire unless you count my friend Cynthia's chimenea months ago. No bucket list at this time other than to raise money for our Community Partners of Dallas Capital Campaign. That is my full-time work!
7. Your favorite small town? Why?
Fredericksburg, Texas. I know it well and love it. Great food and wonderful memories there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am loving the cooler weather in Dallas. It is wonderful to wake up and go outside and have it be a little colder. I'm even wearing a sweater today!