1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?
At this very moment in time, I have a Tootsie Roll Pop sticking out of my mouth. When you work for a charity, lots of donors and volunteers bring candy to our office. I've always liked these and when I pass through reception if there is one in the candy bowl, I always take it. This one is orange, but I like red too. I just bit it.
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?
Five dollar bills. One of our wonderful donors and I were talking about money on Sunday and about how we are some of the only people left who still use cash. I (of course) save all my change for Community Partners of Dallas' Change is Good party, but our donor told me she is saving FIVE DOLLAR BILLS -- she heard that if you do this for a year that you'll have enough money for a trip. People of New Orleans, get ready to serve me some of that delicious food in Autumn of 2016!
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?
I like a pie, but my favorite mmm good way is just plain. My favorite is the Honeycrisp. I actually have been totally into watermelon lately, so apples have "fallen far from my tree" to coin a phrase!
I would go to any of them and would love to see the beauty. I lived in Washington, D.C., for five years and loved seeing the seasons change. In Dallas, my fall foliage is limited to the 4 Bradford Pear Trees in my front yard, but they really are beautiful.
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalized marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I can see both sides, but I do think it is a gateway drug. Illegal drug use is the cause of so much child abuse and neglect that I can't support it.
From the beginning. Movie and Series. I think it is fine if others want to start in the middle, but I don't. There are lots of TV series that I wish I had started, but I feel like it's too late. I've never watched Modern Family, nor 30 Rock.
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
I'm a BIG fan of a dash -- always have been. I feel certain that I don't always use them correctly because I love them so much. As for others, it's more misspellings that bug me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do not recommend the film 90 Minutes in Heaven. Only about 5 minutes is spent in heaven. The rest is pitiful hospital scenes and mad victims bitching. Yes, there is a nice ending, but not worth the 2 hours spent watching the rest.