1. Last thing you did on the spur of the moment?
I hate to keep harping on it, but I kinda joined a gym on the spur of the moment. I did visit with my friend Jan once before I joined, but so far so good. Last week I went three times! BTW< this is NOT where I'm working out -- I just walk the indoor track. Moderation, people, moderation!
2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
I'm as informed as NBC Nightly News and The Today Show have informed me. I'm so sorry this is happening. Texas knows how the European Union feels.
3. What have you changed your mind about?
Once you get to be a certain age, I don't think people change their mind much. I still hate cilantro. I have decided that Hagen Daz makes a good ice cream though since Blue Bell is still not being sold in Dallas.
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
Call the cops! Our police are so wonderful -- they even helped me turn my sprinkler off once.
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!)
I've never eaten a TV dinner. I do periodically have a Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese --- cooked in the oven for 50 minutes, not microwaved. I really don't use my microwave for anything other than melting butter for popcorn.
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
I do agree -- we have to have courage to do anything of value in life. Sometimes just showing up to work is courageous. Honesty.
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
Architect. Cryptic. Receive. Some of this is typing trouble, not spelling.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I just finished a fun book called Delicious! -- Cute, quick read. It's by Ruth Reichl. Ruth was the editor for Gourmet Magazine and a restaurant critic for The New York Times, so she knows a lot about food -- it's her first novel. Of course, I know her best as a sometimes judge on Top Chef. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Delicious-Novel-Ruth-Reichl/dp/0812982029/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441748841&sr=1-1&keywords=delicious%21
One other random thought -- so glad that Ladies of London is back!
I might have to look that book up--it looks interesting!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the book suggestion! Haven't watched Ladies of London in the past, but caught some reruns over the weekend and it looks great. Have a good week.ReplyDelete
I have never seen Ladies of London, but will have to look for that one. And the book too, so thanks for the rec! Enjoy your day!ReplyDelete
Kudos for you for joining the gym and visiting 3 times last week :)ReplyDelete
Ladies of London sounds like it might be good...
Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)
I hate cilantro too! Though they keep posting articles about why some people hate it and it's a legit thing that some peoples' taste buds react differently to it.ReplyDelete
Cilantro tastes like soap! Yes, I know it's a thing cause it is terrible and no one else would like it if it tasted like soap to them!Delete
We are the only smart ones, of course!
I used to be a member of a gym, but it just felt like such a 'meat market' to me, so I've since opted to working out at home and running/walking at a local park. Hope it works out great for you!ReplyDelete
love your list. :) hope you have a terrific week.ReplyDelete
Might have to research the Ladies of London - I'm a Londoner but obviously not a Lady as I've never looked as good as they do!ReplyDelete
I'm so late getting around to everyone's posts. Thanks for visiting my blog - I really enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge - I'll have to checkout Delicious! and Ladies of London looks intriguing. I love anything to do with England! Have a great weekend.ReplyDelete