Normally I base my blog posts on what has impacted me that week -- what caused me to think, what touched my heart, etc. I write it up, pass it along to you, and hope that it impacts you in a similar way.
This week is a departure from my formula. Here’s what I want to read about right now and I that hope you do too…
2011 New Year’s Toasts
I have spent the last 35+ years ringing in the New Year with Joe. Sometimes just us, but mostly with other friends. We don’t usually make toasts, but this year, why not? Toasts can be funny, inspirational, short, long, or just sweet.
Here’s a few I may make on Friday night:
1. Here’s to the days of good will, cold weather, and warm hearts. (www.spritzels.com)
2. A New Year’s toast to love and laughter and happily ever after. (www.spritzels.com)
3. Stir the eggnog, lift the toddy, Happy New Year, everybody! (Phyllis McGinley)
4. Youth is when you’re allowed to stay up late on New Year’s Eve. Middle age is when you’re forced to. (Bill Vaughn) To bed!
5. Here’s a toast to the future, a toast to the past, and a toast to our friends, far and near. May the future be pleasant; the past a bright dream; may our friends remain faithful and dear. (Anonymous)
6. In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want. (Traditional Irish Toast)
7. New Year’s Day… Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. (Mark Twain) Cheers!
8. To peace and prosperity, to love and laughter, to friendships old and new, to 2011! May it be our best year yet! (Paige McDaniel)
Happy New Year to each of you. God bless us every one! (Charles Dickens)