1. What's on your September calendar? Anything fun?
OMG, YES! We have one of my fave parties ever on September 20 benefiting Community Partners of Dallas! It is called Change is Good. It is basically a kids party on steroids! Kids bring change (or bills are great too) to the party and for every $10, they get a chance ticket for a fun prize. It's a great family party with good food, DJ, bounce houses, a bungee jump, etc. Visit our website to purchase tickets today at CommunityPartnersDallas.org
2. You might be described as a natural born _____________________?
Leader -- at least that is what my mom says. She says I came out of the womb wanting to boss people around!
3. September is National Courtesy Month...what one act of courtesy would you most like to see more of in your home, town, or the world at large?
I want people to quit looking at their phones during meals. They have someone to talk to right in front of them -- and who/what could be more fascinating?
4. Eager beaver, chicken out, clam up, or let the cat out of the bag...of the phrases listed, which one have you related to most recently?
Out of these, I'd say Eager Beaver -- I like to get places early and (shockingly) I'm still going to the gym a few mornings a week!
5. What's your movie theatre snack protocol? Do you chow down on snacks during the previews or wait until the movie begins? Do you buy snacks or refuse to pay those kind of prices? What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? How many thumbs up would you give it?
I must have popcorn (with butter) at every movie -- even if I just had dinner, I'll save room for a small popcorn. I want my own bag too.
The last one I went to was Mission Impossible. I thought it was just OK. My friend Christie left about 45 minutes in. Just too far fetched and silly. Tom Cruise still looks good though.
6. Henry Ford is quoted as saying, "Nobody can think straight who does not work. Idleness warps the mind." Agree or disagree? Why?
Disagree. Idleness is one of my favorite activities.
7. What's the last job you completed or task you performed where you had to 'work like a dog' until it was finished?
I have to do it all the time at Community Partners of Dallas; however, the work changes as you get older. We are at the end of our Back-to-School Drive now, so donors are delivering boxes and boxes of supplies each day. As a small non-profit, all staff members are called to the warehouse so donors have lots of help to empty their cars and trucks quickly and with lots of gratitude. I threw my back out yesterday from picking up big heavy boxes. Ugh.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Totally craving Hamburger Stroganoff tonight -- headed home to make it. Going to be pissed if I have no Cream of Chicken Soup...