Hey, y’all – sick of me yet?
If you normally read my blog, you may be thinking what is going on with Paige and all the blog posts this week?
Frankly, I’m thinking that too.
Not sure why I decided to post once a day this week, but thanks for coming along for the ride. This is post number 4 (this diatribe began on Thursday, May 17) of my mantras for life. Number 4 is:
Everything is working out for my highest good.
As a Christian, I know this. I know that God is watching over me and that He will always protect me and never leave me. I just love the way this mantra is written. Let’s break it down:
- Everything – that is every great thing that happens, along with any crap that occurs
- Is – not this is going to, no might, no maybe, IS
- Working – toiling, getting paid to do it
- Out – puts the emphasis not on me, but outside of me
- For – on my behalf
- My – me (one of my favorite topics)
- Highest – the tops, the epitome, the greatest
- Good – it’s all good, people
The thing I love is that this implies that the world is working without my intervention – and believe me, I like to be in charge. And damn it, I need a break. It’s not all under my control – and this means that I can take a break. I need a break sometimes and I know that you do too.
Tune in tomorrow for number 5!
but it is so very hard to remember this when you are in the middle of it all, isn't it!ReplyDelete
So true, Leslie -- all of this stuff is so much easier to see in hindsight. My friend Cynthia's dad always said that ""soon this will be in your rear view mirror" -- always good to remember.Delete