1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
I last moved about 9 or 10 years ago, but before that I moved about every 2 years. I always had the move (and packing) done for me. It was expensive, but so worth it. I'd go to work in the morning, then come home and everything was packed. Moving van came the next day. I will be here forever, I think, but I do love getting to learn a new city or even just a new part of town. My least favorite part was putting away the shoes. I've never had a walk-in closet since I left my parents' home. I need shoe space!
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
I can cry every day thinking about the kids we help at Community Partners of Dallas. They are the most innocent victims of domestic violence and they are so vulnerable.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
My car is always clean. I do allow food and drinks; however, I never pick-up drinks for people when I make the lunch run. Too risky!
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
The bank. I use more cash than most people -- it keeps me on budget AND all my change goes into my Change is Good jar for CPD! It is our fun family event in September and all the funds raised help the abused and neglected children of Dallas County.
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
Act now. I always regret the things I didn't buy when I could have. Apple stock, anyone?
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Joe and I got slightly lost in Santa Fe this summer, but damn if there wasn't always a combination plate with our names on it at every turn.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm not a cat person, but I am in love with Beth Stern's cats. She is on Instagram as @bethostern -- she fosters cats and is Howard's wife. She is fostering a blind cat now named Buddy and he is a heartbreaker. The Stern's own cats (Yoda and Chunk) are great too. Kittens everywhere -- photos, videos, you name it. Never, never, never thought I'd ever be love with cats. Won't be getting one though -- seeing the Stern's cats on Instagram is close enough!