Well, I’m still on holiday break from July 4 (took a few extra days to sit around and read, play bridge, go to the movies, cook – all of the things I love to do, but cannot seem to make enough time for when I’m working). I'm back in the office tomorrow, so cancel the dancing boys, co-workers...
Installment 2 of my four favs (in case you missed it, click here for Installment 1:
- White Bean Dip – I make this dip from Giada De Laurentiis all the time. One of my go-to items and everyone loves it. It has a hummus-like quality, but tastes better and no tahini, so less mess.
- 1 Can of Cannellini Beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C Italian Parsley Leaves (loosely packed)
- 2 T Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/3 C EVOO
- Put all (except olive oil) into food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With machine running, gradually mix in EVOO until mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips. Enjoy!
- Quivers: A Life – this is Robin Quivers auto-biography. Robin is Howard Stern’s long-time side-kick and before they moved to satellite, I listened to them every morning. Her biography was written in 1995 and tells the fascinating story of her journey to radio stardom.
- The Perfect Polish Combo – I have finally found that the perfect color combo for “pretty” nails is one coat of OPI Bubble Bath and one coat of OPI Privacy Please, in this order. Completely natural and touch-ups not required.
- The Dallas Theater Center – Joe was surprised the other night when I told him that I see a live theater or music performance at least 3 times a month! Frankly, I was too, but when you have series subscriptions with several friends and family members, plus generous friends who include you as their guest periodically, you just do. The Dallas Theater Center is consistently at the top of my list. Their productions are exciting, imaginative, and thought-provoking. Well worth the money.
Hope this list gives you some ideas! What are your current four favs?
P.S. My #FundraisingFriday gift is going to the Dallas Theater Center this week. Use that $10, wisely, Kevin Moriarty and team!