It's that time again -- a new list of my Four Favs!
NOTE: I know it's Tuesday, but it's Wednesday somewhere -- plus my hair looks so good that I want it to last longer, thus the loss of Tuesday.
NOTE for the NOTE: I do realize that this logic makes no sense. Sometimes I amuse myself alone. Back off.
NOTE for the NOTE for the NOTE: And since you were so rude to think about my non-logic, make a donation to Community Partners of Dallas right now at www.CommunityPartnersDallas.org. I forgive you.
In case you've missed my other Favorites posts, you can view the most recent one here: http://blog.paigemcdaniel.org/2013/09/four-favorite-things-i-love-right-now.html
Now, on to what you came for -- the list...
- My brand new Neiman Marcus Calendar for 2014 -- I've been using these since my friend Lynn McBee took me to a TACA dinner in 2006 and it was the party favor. The paper is so nice and damn-it, I am not going to leave paper, people. I'm old. You can buy them online with NM too, but then it doesn't have the Neiman Marcus lining. The lining is only available in the store. But you can get it monogrammed if you order online, so make your choice. I like the lining because I'm old and like to be fancy.
- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus -- I cannot get enough of this song. It is on super-high rotation in my car (just like Katy Perry's Firework was when it came out). Maybe I'm not so old?
- The novel The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is coming out as a film later this month, but I encourage you to read the novel first. It is amazing. I promise you that tears will shoot out of your eyes. What? That isn't what you want out of a novel? You're wrong.
- Cynthia's Yum Potatoes -- I haven't had these in awhile, but damn, they're good. My friend Cynthia O'Kelly gave me the recipe and it's so easy that everyone needs to have this in your arsenal. Make them tonight!
- 4 or 6 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 pyrex and spread evenly across the bottom (I usually just put the butter in the pyrex and put it in the oven while it's preheating.). Generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle other seasonings all over the butter. Place potato halves face down on the butter and seasonings. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for at least a FULL 5 minutes before removing from the pan, otherwise the parmesan crust won't stick to the potato. Optional: Serve with a side of sour cream for dipping (I don't do this -- love them just the way they are).
What are your four favs?