I'm taking a quick detour in my Secrets in Non-Profit Management Series, since SO many of you have been asking for a Four Favs post! Visit the most recent one here: http://blog.paigemcdaniel.org/2013/03/4-favorite-things-i-love-right-now-part.html
NOTE: "SO many" means Corinne, but hey -- I aim to please my best readers, people...
- Mary Kay SatinHands Lotion -- This stuff is the bomb. It is unscented and really works. Mary Kay has a whole SatinHands system with scrub and other stuff, but I just love the lotion. Always keep some on my desk and by the kitchen sink at home.
- The Junior League of Dallas -- There is not a better organization in Dallas for women. The JLD provides great support annually to non-profit agencies (Including Community Partners of Dallas -- Yippee!), but I will never cease to be amazed by all of the leaders trained by the league who are changing lives every day in our community. I am honored to be a member.
- Keurig K-Cup Brewer -- I know that I'm late to the party on this one and I love it so much that I am pissed at all of you who didn't tell me about how great it is. Thank goodness that Lauren talked me into buying one for our office. Truly, I can't wait to get to work each morning for my first cup of coffee. LOVE it!
- Moscow Mule -- For some reason, the whole office has been talking about Moscow Mules lately. Now, it may just be because the Back-to-School Drive is inching ever closer at CPD and we're just prepping for the onslaught, but still the subject has come up. And my recipe (adapted from Oprah) is the best:
Paige's Moscow Mule (makes 1)
- 1 ounce vodka (or more -- I use Absolute)
- 1 t simple syrup (I make this by putting 1 C sugar and 1 C water in a sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture is clear, then cool. Keeps in fridge forever.)
- Juice of 1/2 lime (must use fresh)
- 1/2 C ginger beer
- 1 sprig fresh mint
What are your 4 favs?
Post a Comment